Navigator is a free and confidential service helping young people aged between 12-17 years to re-engage with education and actively support them transition back to school.
The Navigator service works to:
- Re-engage young people in education
- Develop and identify students’ social and emotional capabilities
- Support schools to be better equipped to engage young people
- Engage with young people and provide individual support help them return to education
- Work with local school communities and regional offices in the Barwon area (including Greater Geelong, Surf Coast Shire, Colac Otway and Queenscliff) identifying available support services
Navigator works with young people, their families and support networks to support and identify strengths and skills to help make school a positive experience.
Navigator is available to young people who:
- Are between 12 and 17 years of age
- Have attended less than 30% of the previous school term (if enrolled in a school)
- Either live in or have most recently been enrolled in education across the Greater Geelong region
Participation in the Navigator service is by referral. Anyone can refer a young person to the program.
For more information about the referral process, please visit: https://www.education.vic.gov.au/school/teachers/behaviour/engagement/Pages/navigator.aspx
For further information about the Navigator service, please visit: https://www.education.vic.gov.au/school/teachers/behaviour/engagement/Pages/navigator.aspx
For general enquiries about Navigator, please email email@example.com