Volunteer with our Foster Care Children’s Village
Children’s Villager role
The Foster Care Children’s Village Project is a two-year pilot program funded through the Anthony Costa Foundation. It is aimed at enhancing the experience of vulnerable children and young people in Meli’s Out of Home Care program by building a support network for Foster Carer families through the engagement of dedicated volunteers who will provide practical support to children and their carers such as mentoring, assisting with transportation to school, extracurricular activities and childminding.
We are looking for people who:
- have some experience with children
- are warm, flexible and sensitive in their approach to children, having awareness of the vulnerability of the children they will be working with
- are able to build a rapport and communicate with children at their developmental level
- able to commit to volunteering for two to three hours each fortnight for at least six months
- have a driver’s license or can use public transport to implement their tasks
- are willing to obtain (police check national & international, if applicable), WWC and other mandatory checks as required
Watch the video to learn more about our Foster Care Children’s Village.