Meli offers assistance to parents, carers and their children aged 0-12 years through the Connect Up program. The service is delivered at local schools, kindergartens and local communities.
Services offered as part of Connect Up include:
- Family support: Providing families with individualised help to build confidence and skills to manage parenting challenges.
- Linking and referrals: Supporting families to navigate and access the service system, including kindergarten-to-prep transitions, health referrals and other support services.
- Supported playgroups: An opportunity for parents and caregivers with preschool aged children to interact with one another in an inclusive, safe environment.
- Parenting education and engagement groups: A place where parents and caregivers can meet within their local community to discuss topics of interest and facilitate group work programs.
- Secondary consultations: Support for education and wellbeing staff to help them best meet each family’s needs.
Where can I access Connect Up services?
Connect Up workers provide services at the following locations around Geelong.
Northern Bay College
- Hendy P-8 Campus: 38 Hendy Street, Corio
- Peacock P-8 Campus: 31/33 Peacock Avenue, Norlane
- Tallis P-8 Campus: 57 Tallis Street, Norlane
- Korayn Birralee Family Centre* (Wexford P-8 Campus): 146 Purnell Road, Corio
- Northern Bay Family Centre* (Goldsworthy Campus): 3-25 Goldsworthy Road, Corio
* Early Help Program
- Geelong East Primary School: 184 Boundary Road, Geelong
- Bell Park North Primary School: 16-26 Barton Street, Bell Park
- Grovedale Primary School: 143 Bailey Street, Grovedale
- Wangala Primary School: Kidman Avenue, Belmont
- William Hovell Kindergarten: 28 Hendy Street, Corio
- Kirralee Kindergarten: 53 Richard Street, Newcomb
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Connect Up program offers a range of services. Families can be involved in one or many of these. Each family chooses how long they would like to be connected to the program. This might be a few hours, several months, or longer – it depends on the activities you choose and your family’s needs and goals.
The Connect Up program is available to all families with children aged 0 – 12 years who are part of a community where a Connect Up worker is located.
Yes, Connect Up workers can help identify other services that may be useful for you. We can also help you contact and connect with other services and make introductions.
Barwon Orange Door
The Orange Door is a free service for adults, children and young people who are experiencing or have experienced family violence and families who need extra support with the care of children.
Visit orangedoor.vic.gov.au for more information.
- For families requiring support, please contact an Orange Door Intake Practitioner on 1800 312 820.
- If you are a professional and wish to make a referral to The Orange Door, please complete the referral form (PDF version) (Word version) and email to email@example.com
- The Orange Door is located at 83 Moorabool Street, Geelong