As we head into term 4, local residents will notice that the Poa Banyul Community Hub has an increasing number of families visiting the Maternal Child Health Service, Poa Banyul kindergarten or participating in a dance or art class. The Poa Banyul Community Hub is opposite Club Armstrong is a great space for families, social gatherings and community groups to meet.
What’s happening at Poa Banyul:
- 1st & 2nd November, Thrive Lactation will be providing baby massage classes for new parents in Community Room 1
- Every Monday afternoon, Geelong Dance Movement provide dance classes for school age children in Community Rooms 1&2
- Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, Karin’s Kinder Gym hosts toddler gym classes in Community Room 2
- Every Monday & Tuesday morning Tutu’s in Torquay provides dance classes for pre-school age children in Community Room 1
- Every Tuesday & Thursday afternoon Sassi Art hosts classes for young aspiring artists in Community Room 3
- Every Thursday the Meli Early Childhood team hosts ‘Tunning into Kids’ in Community Rooms 3&4
- Diwali Festival of Lights – on Sunday 19 November, Poa Banyul Community Hub celebrates The Diwali Festival of Lights with our local Hindu community
- Poa Banyul Official Opening – on Tuesday 21 November, Poa Banyul Community Hub will be officially opened by Minister for Children the Hon Lizzie Blandthorn, Member for South Barwon Darren Cheeseman MP and Mayor Trent Sullivan.
For information on Poa Banyul Kindergarten which provides sessional kindergarten for 3 & 4 year old children, please visit https://www.meli.org.au/kindergartens/
The Poa Banyul Community Hub welcomes all residents in our local community to come in and say hello, have a look around and participate in the growing number of community events and classes which occur each week.