Meli manages client information in accordance with its legal and ethical requirements. This includes the search and release of client records for people wishing to access information about the service they received from Meli, or its founding organisations.
Meli will release client information as required by law, or if there is a public duty to do so. This includes subpoenas and orders from the court. Legal information requests must be addressed to the Meli Privacy Officer in writing, and as a minimum contain:
- All relevant legal documentation and detail the purpose of the request
- The name of the client
- Information required (e.g.: case notes, employment information)
- A witness summons if a Meli worker is required to attend court
The Privacy Officer: email@example.com or (03) 5226 8900
Meli supports the release of client records to former care leavers who wish to access information about their stay in the orphanages and or children’s homes of our founding organisations, Bethany Community Support and Barwon Children Youth and Families (BCYF).
This collection of records dates back to 1854.
What we can offer:
- Searches for personal records
- Supported access to records
- Advice about how and where to search for records
For further information or if you have any questions, please contact our Privacy Officer via email firstname.lastname@example.org